oh, hey. it me.
I'm Sarah! I'm a twenty-something, freckle-faced lover of my husband, my golden retriever, and all things vintage. I may have a slight obsession with home organization, anything (fashion, cars, music, interior design) from the '70s, The Office, traveling, and finding a great pair of shoes. I would also like to add that I'm essentially a twenty-something granny who may have too many houseplants (I just can't help myself!) – I like a decent bedtime, gardening, and easy Friday night plans. A typical day of working/editing in the office includes: iced coffee on my desk, a solid playlist playing on Spotify, most likely a blanket in my lap, and my dog snuggled up at my feet.
I’m a huge advocate of meeting you where you are and capturing the now in your life, the way you want to remember it.
I have been a photographer for seven years. I have photographed a variety of life moments and events. I'm super laid back and aim to make my clients feel comfortable during their session or wedding day. I typically like to meet up with my clients before their wedding or session to chat about their ideas for their big day. This also gives us the opportunity meet get to know each other and make sure we’re a good fit. And during your session, I prefer to start with just hanging out, talking, and warming up to being in front of the camera. Eventually you won't even notice the camera glued to my face.I love meeting at a coffee shop or bar for drinks, or at a yummy ice cream shop to get things started! I thrive off natural interactions, play, belly laughs, and emotion. I love getting to know my clients throughout our time together and can't wait to create something special with them to treasure for many years to come!
more about who i am…
I’m so much more than just your photographer. I love nothing more than establishing a relationship and showing up for you. Whatever it may be, I wanna get to know you! So here’s a little bit about me:
• Some of my favorite things include: traveling to new places, meeting new dogs, hanging out with my husband at home, Sims 4 (+ video games as a whole), tattoos, creative journaling, cooking, and yoga.
• Some of my favorite places I’ve seen thus far in my life include: Joshua Tree National Park, Alaska, and Olympic National Park, WA. I’ve seen some pretty great places and love talking to people about their travels as well!
• I love television. The Goldbergs, Queer Eye, The Office, SNL, Bob’s Burgers, Friends, GIRLS, Arrested Development, Game of Thrones, Big Little Lies, Stranger Things, and so many more.. I got to attend the 2018 Emmy’s red carpet event with my always-effervescent mother-in-law. It was the coolest, most amazing experience; and so many celebrities are SO nice and dearly love their fans.
• I’ve recently gotten into podcasts and they’re my favorite thing to listen to while working! Some that I really love include: The Brain Candy Podcast; Death, Sex, and Money; My Favorite Murder; Stuff You Should Know; The Introverted Entrepreneur; YouTurn with Ashley Stahl; and Why Won’t You Date Me? I like a wide range, and ultimately love listening to just about anything!
• Last year (2018), I started shooting 35mm + 120mm film. I’m starting to incorporate film into my regular work flow and it’s something I’m excited about finally embracing. Check out my recent snaps here.
…now tell me a little about you!
Our sweet pup, PJ, in the snow in our backyard.
My husband + I in Red Rock Canyon, Las Vegas, NV.
Me on my Mamiya 645 film camera. Ektar 400 film.
Joshua Tree, CA on film. One of my favorite places in the world. We love the desert!
I took my grandfather’s film camera with us to Vegas and love how all the lights turned out with the grain + all.
I love this shot of us by Mothwing Photography!